Saturday, April 02, 2011

 The Homeschool Mother's Journal 


In my life this week...
We had a really good week this week.    The boys covered their materials well and other than a few attitude issues we had a good week.    John and I had a good time at our Follow-up meeting with our group from our Marriage Retreat and the boys might get to start 
Taekwondo
.   

In our homeschool this week...
I am praying we found our groove but if nothing else we had a good week.   Things are coming together for the Academy which the boys go to for three classes and I am excited about next year.
Places we're going and people we're seeing...
not sure that we are or have gone anywhere recently.  lol   We have been busy so hanging out has been nice.
My favorite thing this week was...
The prospect of doing a new Kick-boxing class.    And signing up for my first Triathlon of the season.
What's working/not working for us...
Not sure here  . . . There are attitudes that aren't working for us.  lol  But don't we all.  I am realizing just how much my attitude affects my boys.  
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
the longer I homeschool (which this is only my first year) the more resolute I get about keeping the boys out of public school and wish I had realized it before.  But by the grace of God, we will figure it out and have fun.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
"Are your cravings a curse or a blessing?   The answer to that question depends on what you're craving, because what we're craving will always depend on whatever we're consuming.  Is it the object of our desire, or God and His Truth?"
Lysa TerKeurst, Made To Crave - I have been working through the book and will begin the video course in a week.    

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. I am stoppin by from the homeschool mothers journal linky. God bless you and your decision to homeschool. you will find alot of good support; especially in the blogosphere. I find my attitude totally sets the tone/mood for the whole day in our homeschool. I always say a little prayer under my breath that i will have a gentle spirit and be patient. Some days i get there; and other days not. It is a process; for us anyway. please stop by my blog and say hello!

Anonymous said...

You will find your patient it take time . It is a process the whole family have to work together. Blessing and happy Home School. Caroline(estop4)