Friday, April 29, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal - 4 or 5, can't remember. lol

The Homeschool Mother's Journal





In my life this week…
We have been challenged and I have been working through 'Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst and have been enjoying it.   It has also really challenged me in the area of how much or don't Crave God over food or really anything.   Highly recommend it if you struggle with food or weight or really anything that your desire more than God.
In our homeschool this week…
It has been challenging for me.   I am not sure if I was overly sensitive this week or my son was more challenging than usual.   We are dealing with some attitude and anything relating to manners.   But I am happy to report my oldest has covered nearly all his English and a little over half of his Math that he needed to cover before his deadline of May 15th. And if he is diligent about getting math done, he may not have to take it to McCall with us when we go after the Academy gets out this next week.   Then I can turn in the camp registration before we leave.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Tonight we are going to Musicman at a local Private school.   One of the youth from our church is in it and I haven't seen the Music man in years.   
My favorite thing this week was…
Realizing just how far my son has gotten in his English and Math in the last few weeks.   Very proud of him even if there was still some attitude issues, at least he has been a little more diligent about getting it done.
What’s working/not working for us…
not sure
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…
Looking into some good Character studies for the boys - found one at Pearable.com and like the look of it.   It is specific to boys and really want that and it has to be strongly Biblical based.   any other suggestions?   I have stuff from Doorposts which I have been using too but open to what anyone else has seen or used.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

This is one of my most favorite hymns and love this rendition.   I like her and have always loved Vince Gill's voice.    enjoy and be blessed!

1 comment:

Eileen Marie Miller said...

You might like PACE: Program for Achieving Character Education by M. Monica Speach. It utilizes William Bennet's Book of Virtues and The Moral Compass.