Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Kids In the Word Wednesday




The Pelsers




We started a new book this week by Pearables, The Narrow Way.   You can get it from their site or Christianbook Distributors.    We are on day two we are talking about faith.   Today's focus was on Who God is.    This goes well with our Wednesday night kids class at church which we are doing Firm Foundation for Kids by New Tribes Missons.    
We also picked up the Truth and Grace Memory Book 1 and I got that today.    It is a list of memory verses, chapters & books of the Bible.   Split up into age groups, this one is for 2 years to 4th grade.    

We also use the Scripture memory system from Simply Charlotte Mason's site.   that have been really good.    I have been reading through the Bible in 90 days.   So they boys have been doing the kid's version of it which is the first chapter of each group I read.   I am doing that through the Mom's Tool Box.   So we are on day 24 for that one.   We read that every night before bed.   They always remind me.  lol   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about trying the CM method for reviewing our verses. I hope you'll share more about that.

Vickie said...

IT is a really easy and great method. My boys love to do it and don't feel pressured to get it right. We just keep the daily verse until they both have it, then move it back. We took about a month off while they were gone this summer but are back into the swing of things. You should just download the file and just start putting the verses he already knows and then just keep going.