Friday, April 22, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal - Week 4

The Homeschool Mother's Journal





.In my life this week…
It was a busy week.   We started the week off with a information meeting for the UBC Academy.   We have 5 teachers for this next year and excited to see what God does with our little school.    I also did a Passover Seder dinner with my Wed night kids.   We had a pretty good time, I enjoyed it and the kids enjoyed trying a few new things.   Even my boys tried a few new things for the sake of the dinner.   It wasn't a full dinner (as we had all eaten right before it).   
In our homeschool this week…
We have been trucking along for the most part.   Joel even though is still dragging his feet when it comes to being diligent time-wise, we are covering more material in his English & math which is good.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Not really going anywhere this week other than to Early Easter Morning service.
My favorite thing this week was…
Probably my Passover dinner with my kids class was my favorite.
What’s working/not working for us…
not sure - for the most part, we struggle daily working to get the boys to do their normal routines without constant prodding.   They have chore charts and everything but we will can't seem to be self-motivated.     I am working on me being diligent too so maybe it will rub off some.
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…
Has anyone used the State History from a Christian Perspective?    I am looking at getting that for next year as my boys adore geography.    We are having fun with maps and thought this would be a great way to do it.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Here is my latest layout from Kristen Cronin-Barrow and Misty Cato's On the Go kit found at Sweet Shoppe.



2 comments:

Carrie said...

Nice to meet you! Thank you for leaving a comment on my site. I would love to learn more about digiscrapping - where do you recommend first-timers begin?
Have a blessed Easter Sunday!
Carrie

Vickie said...

Carrie, there are several programs that are pretty easy to use. What computer do you have PC or Mac?