Monday, July 18, 2011

Educating the WholeHearted Child Book Discussion



I am excited to begin this adventure in this book.    There is so much I want to change in our home and knowing where and how to start is difficult at times.    I get overwhelmed and quit.    
  • How long have you been homeschooling?    I just finished up my first year and will beginning my second year in a few weeks.
  • What are you hoping to gain from reading this book?   The direction and ways God is calling me to go in my homeschooling.   To breath life and excitement into it that it is missing right now.   
  • What quote or scripture stood out to you in the preface and/or introduction?  There were several quotes I really liked.   Here is one of them:   "We have come to the place where we can honestly say that there is no distinction in our homeschool between home and school -- we are living to learn and learning to live, all at the same time."     I loved to learn as a kid but I am seeing how much I miss that passion.   I still want to learn but never learned how to learn.    I only learned how to avoid failing.   Now I am realizing just how stunted I am in learning.    I don't want that for my boys.   I desire for God to transform my home both in school and in the quality of our relationships.   I desire to see a passion for learning and seeking to know and learn.    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're joining us. We're just starting out too. Left my job about a year ago to be with my boys full-time. We did a year of pre-K and now my oldest is starting K (a year early) this fall.

Love the quote about no distinction between home and school.

I'm a "recovering" perfectionist so I relate to your comment about just trying not to fail.

Praying that this book and discussion help you grow and learn. Praying that this 2nd year of homeschooling is one filled with the love of learning!