Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 2 of Bible in 90 Day

Passage read today: Genesis 17:1- Genesis 28:19



Here is my SOAP for today:

Scripture:  Genesis 27:34 - When Esau heard the words of his father, he cried out with an exceedingly great and bitter cry, and said to his father, "Bless me, even me also, O my father!".

Observation:
I was struck by Esau's cry- How impassioned and just upset he was.   I looked up the word Exceedingly in my Hebrew dictionary and found it was a physical and forceful response.    Esau was so upset he was physically and responded in a forceful manner.   It wasn't just crying because he didn't get what he wanted but this affected his soul and heart.  

Application:  Words have great power and I realize how much I need to be aware of the words I speak.   ARe they words of blessing and training or just mean and nasty words that tear down?  Today, I want to make sure I stop before I speak and/or yell at the boys.   That I discipline with love and compassion not with annoyance and frustration.   That I don't speak with sarcasm and meanness but with gentleness and love.  

Prayer - Lord, as I go about this day, help me to pick my words deliberately to encourage and to train.   Let me pause before I speak that I might find the correct things to say that build up the soul not tear it down.   Let Your Spirit control my tongue today.   Let me speak words of life into Joel & Sean.

1 comment:

Our Family for His Glory said...

Thanks for sharing what God is teaching you! I am also doing the Bible in 90 days challenge, & am amazed at all that God is teaching me already! Have a great day!
Jessica