Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 4 of Bible in 90

Yesterday was busy and I wasn't home much so didn't get a post for yesterday but here is today's SOAP:

Scripture: Genesis 43;25
So they prepared the present for Joseph's coming at noon; for they had heard that they were to eat a meal there.

Observation:  I never saw that Joseph's brothers has prepared a gift for him before their meal with him, the second time they returned to Egypt.   I thought it was interesting when I looked up the Hebrew and it told me that it was a customary or something to do when you are showing submission to an authority.    Whether or not the brothers realized it, they were bowing before Joseph fulfilling his dreams again.    Yet it also seemed to show me that they were trying to show they recognized their position and they were at the mercy of this leader, whom they didn't realize was their brother.   They were truly trying to make things go well so they didn't lose Benjamin and/or Simeon.   A change of heart after their heartless act of selling Joseph to the travelers years back.

Application:  For me, I need to remember my position before Christ and others.    I am not superior to anyone and I need to watch my attitude that goes a long with that.   I need to be a humble servant regardless what happens or who recognizes it.   I am here to be Christ's servant to my husband and my sons.   Not to lord or expect them to indulge my every whim.

Prayer:  Lord, help em to remember my place before You, to be humble.   To seek to give you gifts of service towards my family an others.   Not to expect them to give me things but to give out of my overflow of what you have graciously given me.

No comments: