Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lots of Thoughts and Seeking

As I have been meditating on a few scriptures this week for a new study and book I am working through.   They really hit me where I am at as I work on my homeschooling with the boys presently and work on next years focus.

 Monday's verse was:
Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who builds it;  Unless the Lord guards the city, the watchmen keeps awake in vain. Psalm 127:1


I realize just how much I have been trying to determine what I need to be teaching the boys based on books and recommendations.   Instead of going before God and asking what He wants me to focus on.  Sure I need to cover a certain amount of information but what to focus and emphasis is for the Lord to direct.   He knows my boys' hearts better than I do.    What do I think, that I know more than God?    Not that i do this intentionally (which on occasion, i am sure I do) but I just get so wrapped up in the hows and whats, I forget the most important part, these are God's boys he gave them to me but a short time and I need to ask Him what they need.

yesterday's & today's verses were:


John 15:4–5 (NASB95)
4 “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5 “I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. 




Matthew 6:33 (NASB95)
33 “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you




Here and today's verse really showed me where I need to be Seeking and Abiding is the answer.   If I would seek the source of Life and the One who knows the beginning and the end would know what I need to focus on.    Not just for Homeschooling my precious boys but also for my life and where he wants to lead me too.    


If you want to link up with the Good Morning girls go here:


No comments: